BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
AshleyM
Fluorite | Level 6

I wanted to follow along with this cascade_prompt_test but cannot get pass the first step. In order to copy the sashelp.prdsale data set to the STP librabies the corresponding usage note 35107 instructed me to use this code. However, I get the following error:

ERROR: User does not have appropriate authorization level for library OUT.

libname out "!sasroot\inttech\sample";

data out.prdsale;

set sashelp.prdsale;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I would suggest that instead of copying your prdsale sample data to the root STPSamples directory , why dont you copy it to a library that is registered in your metadata and then follow the rest of the steps mentioned in the sasnote to register your table and use it in your prompts...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

My Guess is that you don't have permission to write to that library/folder - speak to your admin

Barry

AshleyM
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks Barry. I spoke with IT and I have administrative privileges. I guess I'll have to contact SAS since I don't know why it's not working.

twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

If you are doing it as a STP it may not be your specific user ID that is accessing the library.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I would suggest that instead of copying your prdsale sample data to the root STPSamples directory , why dont you copy it to a library that is registered in your metadata and then follow the rest of the steps mentioned in the sasnote to register your table and use it in your prompts...

AshleyM
Fluorite | Level 6

To expand on cascading prompts, I'm trying to create a cascading prompt where the user selects "var1", he or she then has the option of selecting "var2". I've stored my data to a library in my metadata and when I specify the prompt type and values for the prompt "var1", I do not see my variable listed in the drop down menu. Are cascading prompts limited in that if "var1" is numeric I will not be able to choose this from the menu? I see "var2" but "var2" is also a character variable.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

I think currently when defining your prompt for VAR1 you are selecting your promt type as TEXT i.e why you are unable yo view this variable in your dropdown list.

Try chaging the PROMPT TYPE to NUMERIC . you should be able to view your VAR1..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation