BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
plkkw
Calcite | Level 5

I would like to create some temporary table, e.g. tbl_rpt099, for reporting use in Oracle level, i can use schedule job to compare data dictionary with now and last day data dictionary snapshot. if i find that there is a new table, e.g. tbl_rpt099 created today in oracle level. Can SAS proc automatically create a dataset tbl_rpt099 (that i don't know the schema of the table tbl_rpt099 before today) in SAS, and then add the tbl_rpt099 automatically in Information Map so that user is able to create a simple report based on a single table: tbl_rpt099?

** I know that the idea is required to automatically change ETL from oracle to sas dataset; and then automatcially update information map

If not, any other method i can use?

1 REPLY 1
RMP
SAS Employee RMP
SAS Employee

Infomaps can also be defined using SAS code. You can achieve this be dynamically creating the PROC INFOMAPS code.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation