BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jbhan
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

In EG 4.3 I have set up a Stored Process using dynamic prompts with inputdata from tables. They are multi-select enabled which gives a listbox showing the first few rows with data values of the selected variable from the table. My problem is that the box listing the records of the variable is much too narrow. It is about 7 rows high and 15 characters wide, but my data are 32 characters wide, some even wider, and I see no way of making the box wide enough to fit all data. You have to scroll to the right all the time to read the full value.

It makes no difference if I use a format for the "Formatted (displayed) values" that is $32.

How do I scale the box to match the data width? Any advice is much appreciated

Jørgen

3 REPLIES 3
NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Maybe you can check and see if any of these work.... sorry i cannot check at my end...

In the prompt you can define the MAX Length for a text,  try changing it to 40 and see if it works.

Or Check and see if your box size increases if you define your longest value as the default value.

jbhan
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the suggestions - I had tried the min/max length before, but that did not help. I tried your idea with the default value, but that only led to that value being preselected.

Just to clarify to potential readers: You set up a prompt as a multiselect object by setting

• "User selects values from a dynamic list"
  • Number of values=Multiple values
  • Data Source=some dataset
  • Column=some column from the Data Source

If you run or Preview, you get two "boxes", Available and Selected. The data from the attached data set appear in Available. The boxes are both tiny and seemingly do not scale with anything, not the window width, the data properties or anything.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi,

Sorry, just saw that you were executing your STP on EG.. Cannot be of much help here... Somehow the window size for Mutiple select is too small in EG..

Maybe some of the experts will point you in the right direction where maybe the properties of the STP web forms can be somehow be edited..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation