BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Dear Sas users!
Could you please give here a brief example of submitting data from a web form to a sas table. Thank you in advance!
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Generally, form processing follows this model, assuming that you have a standard HTML form to collect user input information.

1) Users enter information in an HTML form using their Web browser and then submit it. The information is passed to the Web server which invokes a program specified using the HTML FORM ACTION:

a) If you are using SAS/IntrNet, then you would usually be invoking an Application Dispatcher program using the Application broker via a URL like this:
<FORM ACTION="http://yourcomp.com/cgi-bin/broker.exe?
_service=default&_program=applib.pgmname.sas&wantrec=lucy">

b) If you are using the BI platform, then you would usually be invoking a stored process program using the Stored Process Web Application via a URL like this:
<FORM ACTION="http://www.host.com:9090/SASStoredProcess/do?
_program="/Foundation/SP_Repos/SP_Name&wantrec=ricky">

2) Either the SAS/IntrNet components process the request (A) or the Stored Process Web Application and the BI Platform servers process the request (B). The results of the SAS program are usually sent back to the browser as streaming results. If you are using SAS Stored Processes, you have the alternative of publishing the SP results to a webDAV location.

There's not a good way to post an example here, since it involves more than just a set of linked files: an HTML form, the SAS/IntrNet program or Stored Process that will be invoked when the form fields are sent. There's also considerable infrastructure and configuration that needs to be in place, depending on whether you are using SAS/IntrNet or the BI Platform.

I suggest you refer to the documentation and/or sample programs for the software you plan to use to process your HTML form data. Or, Tech Support could help you get aimed in the right direction for what you want to do.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Thank you, Cynthia!
I've got the result wanted thanks to your comments. My case was BI and the challenge for me was the line after

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation