BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I am very new to SAS but need to view the code of a stored procedure through DI studio and I am unsure how to do this and as it is on a live system I do not want to experiement.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
SAS uses stored process programs (not stored procedures) which are stored in a location known to the metadata. This location is called a stored process repository.

If you use SAS Management Console to look at the stored process property information, you will see where that location is on the Execution information tab. In addition, on another tab, you will see the parameters that are set for that particular stored process.

Once you know the correct location, you could look at the stored process code with Notepad or any text editor. However, I suggest that you talk to the stored process developer or author or your SAS Administrator for more help with your task. It is possible that looking at the stored process code won't answer your question, (particularly if the stored process is using a lot of macro programming) and it's handy to know who the other folks are who are responsible for configuring and using the SAS Enterprise Intelligence Platform.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Please can you tell me how to check the stored process property information in SAS management console so I can check its location please?

Many thanks.
venkatesh
Calcite | Level 5
Hello Kevrow,

If u want see the stored process(sp) program code which is created in DI studio.

While creating sp in di studio, u will get stored process name with icon----right click-->properties--> execution
here u will find the path(location of the stored process) it will be saved in the form of xxx.sas

u can open these with note pad or eg or sas 9.1.3.

Cheers,
Venky.
deleted_user
Not applicable
Many thanks, I have now found the code using your description and we are investigating.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation