BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
I am executing a stored process in EG.
For the stored process I need the input parameters to be picked from a parameter dataset which gets updated periodically.

So I plan to write another stored process which accesses the data set and presents the user with the dynamic list and then invokes your current stored process.

How can I execute this in EG?

Thanks,
Chandru.
6 REPLIES 6
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I believe that dynamic and cascading parameters are supported in Stored Processes in the SAS 9.2 Platform. Consult the documentation for more information on how to implement these kinds of parameters.

cynthia
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia,

Thanks for the reply, I am working in SAS 9.1.3 platform.
Is there any other option for this.

~ Chandru Message was edited by: chandru1dev
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi Cynthia,

I am working in SAS 9.1 platform. Is there any other option for this?

Thanks,
Chandru.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
In EG, you can populate the initial parameter selection list from a CSV file or from a SAS dataset. However, this definition is static and will not change (in SAS 9.1.3) when the underlying data changes. I believe there are ways to update the metadata or using JSP pages to create dynamic lists. Consult the developer's documentation for SAS 9.1.3 Platform or work with Tech Support for the approach that best suits your installation and your skills.

cynthia
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Take a look at this thread, specifically toward the bottom, where I mention the STPDefineParameter macro.

http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=1943

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
chandru1dev
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi,
Thanks everybody for the replies.

I used the technique to refresh the metadata for the particular stored process, after my monthly job completes. Using unix script job to refresh metadata.
Since the data changes once a month, I chose to use this option.

Thanks,
Chandru

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation