BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sunilreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I want to extract User local language setting from IDP portal by using Stored process code. I am using 9.4.

Could you please any one help on this.

10 REPLIES 10
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I have seen note that your sas session language encoding is inherited from your browser/os settings. Part of i18n.
Did you verify this? 

---->-- ja karman --<-----
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

@Jaap: I think he means the user lang from his IDP/web profile. So something apart from the standard that overrides the browser locale.

What Jaap is saying is true: now the default is the browser language, that overrides the server locale defined for the Web Application (IDP). But the User profile in IDP/Web can override browser locale.

I know that can be possible with a metadata program.. that I don;t have and I guess It will be specific for your own metadata folder structure and SAS version

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide, Third Edition (user settings IDP)

To make it more complete some sas config options are able to overwrite the usersettings to force a fixed language setting. 

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide, Second Edition

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Yes, to change the settings is a feature more or less clear. What it is not clear is the way to retrieve the information that sunilredy wants. At least not for me, only to go to the open metadata interface.

SAS(R) 9.3 Open Metadata Interface: Reference and Usage, that is like magic when you know how to use it and retrieve the metadata.

Updated to 9.4, of course: http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/omaref/67716/PDF/default/omaref.pdf

sunilreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

I am already using meta data macros to extract the user roles in SMC. its working.

Now I want to use IDP portal User Language setting also in that. I have not verified with i18n, could you please give me an example about this.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

I18N is an abbreviation of InternationalizatioN (18 letters).  Al lot is in the NLS reference SAS(R) 9.4 National Language Support (NLS): Reference Guide, Third Edition

When the locale is activated that sas session should be running with those.     

sunilreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Jaap,

I've gone thru NLS reference, but could not able to get for my requirement.

I want to extract User profile language setting from IDP portal by using sas code. User language was fetching by Java class in 9.2 where these java class was removed in 9.4.

Could you please provide your assistance to provide the sas code to fetch user defined language setting from portal.

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Sunil,  I don not get the issue clear, please correct where wrong.

The IDP-portal SAS midtier is your front-end. Your user are coming in,

- The webserver and SAS midtier will get the language settings is got from the internet browser use on their desktop laptop or mobile.

The SAS midtier will pass that information to further processing depending on some settings like SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide, Second Edition

This is an administration in the SAS-metadata. I know it is/was as config files. this is mentioned in SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Web Application Administration Guide, Third Edition  the WRS part.  It must go to a sas process SP stored process or Pooled workspace server. Those are running sas processes running all the time and using a shared account.
The only way I can see for switching the locale of one user-request is by adding some sas code triggered in the previous path.

You are wanting to find the locale in the metadata for each user.

But what kind of problem do you want to solve with that? when configured in the whole preceding path it should all work.        

sunilreddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Jaap,

Thanks for your reponse. You are right. After selected the locale language setting in IDP Portal in Mid-tier server, I assume that user selected language setting will be stored in metadata server.

So i want to generate the report for all users IDP Portal locale language settings from stored location. How to fetch for all users IDP Portal locale language settings. Also how to see user language locale settings in SMC. Sorry to followup on this

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

sunil,  I checked all information on encoding at a person in the metadata not finding/recognizing. It could be saved in the content-server when saved.

What I have:

- Metacoda Security Plug-ins: User Reviewer not seen at somewhere in those screenshots.

- security extract macros bisecag SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition not seeing the layout but there is something in the mentioned code

- the open meta data 9.4 version SAS(R) 9.4 Open Metadata Interface: Reference and Usage, Second Edition is pointing at the open metadata reference SAS(R) 9.4 Metadata Model: Reference

- The last hacking approach is copy a metadatabackup to a own location and review those tables. There is a login table, there are varibles. When it is there (locale setting) it should be able to find.

Something at the canonical tables (location). maybe....  SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Security Administration Guide, Second Edition

Mu memory is rather slow. having seen that and not remembering where.

The mail addresses are looking only documentational. They are used in the publishing framework.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation