Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Unable to send parameters from a .Net custom application.

Occasional Contributor rg
Occasional Contributor

Unable to send parameters from a .Net custom application.

Hi All,

We have a custom .Net application that invokes a SAS Stored Process. we use this code attached below to invoke the program attached however it kicks of the program but it does not pass the parameters we are trying to pass. and hence fails. It does create the logs.

string configstoredProcessname = "IYPStoredProcessInvoker.sas";

string environmentDir = "/sasdata/Powersupply/PROD";

string targetLib = "OEFPP";

IWorkspace workspace = (IWorkspace)consumer.Workspace(consumer.AssignedServer); //ProdApp

workspace.LanguageService.Async = false;

workspace.LanguageService.StoredProcessService.Repository = "file:/sasdata/Powersupply/PROD/IYP/Stored_Process/";

string StoredProcessName = "IYPStoredProcessInvoker.sas";

string parameters = "PriceForecastID=" + lstFcstChild[i].MODL_FCST_SYS_ID + " ModelName=" + "\"" + modelName + "\"" + " RunDate=" + "\"" + lstFcstChild[i].MODL_FCST_DT.Value.Date.ToShortDateString() + "\"" + " NoOfDays=" + Convert.ToDecimal(txtDays.Text) + " environmentRootDir=" + environmentDir + " targetLib=" + targetLib;

parameters = "PriceForecastId=" + lstFcstChild[i].MODL_FCST_SYS_ID + " ModelName=" + "" + modelName + "" + " runDate=" + "" + lstFcstChild[i].MODL_FCST_DT.Value.Date.ToShortDateString() + "" + " NoOfDays=" + Convert.ToDecimal(txtDays.Text) + " environmentRootDir=" + environmentDir + " targetLib=" + targetLib;

workspace.LanguageService.StoredProcessService.Execute(StoredProcessName, parameters);

Super User

Re: Unable to send parameters from a .Net custom application.

If the logs show errors perhaps it will help to include the log for one or two calls.

Occasional Contributor

Hi ballardw,

Unfortuanetly the logs do not show any error. 

Super User

How exactly do you know the program isn't passing the parameters you expect?

Occasional Contributor

I have added put statements at the start of thr code. I can check it from the logs that the variables are not being resolved
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation