BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I am running a stored process via SAS Microsoft Add Ins in Powerpoint that generates about 50 slides, each containing a graph with a title.

The graphs appear fine in Powerpoint, but the title has become separate from the graph (which is not the case in the gif file generated) and appears to have the default powerpoint font, which is way too large.

An example of the code is given below.

When I run the stored process from Excel or Word, something similar happens.

Is there a way of keeping the title as part of the graph, as with the gif file generated?

Thanks for your help.

goptions reset=all device=gif;

ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
ODS HTML BODY="Body_file.html"
GPATH="&path"
PATH="&path";
title1 font=arial j=CENTER h = 2.5pct c = bib
"My Title";

code to generate grapg - eg proc gchart

quit;
ODS LISTING CLOSE;
ODS HTML CLOSE;
2 REPLIES 2
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
When you use the SAS Add-in to Office with Powerpoint as part of the BI Platform, Powerpoint will only "accept" SAS Report XML results from the stored process. Even if you have ODS HTML in your code, or you do an override for the &_ODSDEST reserved variable, when the results come back, SAS detects that the client application is PowerPoint and your results are turned into SASReport XML. I believe that your device of GIF will probably be changed to the device driver that is used for PowerPoint (probably PNG or ACTIVEX or JAVA driver -- I'm not sure).

There are some regular ODS options that can be used for non-stored process SAS/Graph and ODS jobs: they are the ODS USEGOPT statement and the GTITLE option on the ODS statement. However, I am not sure that either of those abilities are used by the SASReport XML that PowerPoint receives.

This is probably a question for Tech Support -- as they can look at your complete code and your PowerPoint settings and if they cannot help you get the title into the SAS/Graph image, then they can help you change the CSS style that is used with the Add-in and PowerPoint to make the title the size you want.

cynthia
GraphGuy
Meteorite | Level 14
I'm a couple of years late on this one, but maybe this info will be useful to people searching for info on similar questions...

dev=java and dev=activex do not support "gtitles" (titles as part of the graph) - I think in most situations, EG and STPs default to activex or java (or one of their variants).

Therefore, do everything you can to make sure you're using dev=gif or dev=png, and then also make sure you're using "gtitles" rather than "nogtitles" (gif and png support both gtitles and nogtitles).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation