Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

The stored process api failed to save stored process metadata

Accepted Solution Solved
Super User
Accepted Solution

The stored process api failed to save stored process metadata

SAS 9.2:

I want to create a stored process, but the message (see subject) comes.

Only when I give the user the role "Metadata Server: Unrestricted" (which I surely do not want with an end-user), I can create a stored process.

Happens both in Enterprise Guide and Management Console

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎10-27-2016 02:26 AM
Super User

Re: The stored process api failed to save stored process metadata

[ Edited ]

No, it wasn't in the name.

The reason was a missing write permission on the "Stored Process Source Directory" object, which is to be found in SMC - Authorization Manager - By Location - (Application Server Name)

I had created a new Application Server object (parallel to SASApp) for a specific group of users, and a SP server under that.

When one then defines a new directory where to store the stored process sources, ths SP Source Dierctory object is automatically created, but does not receive the necessary write permissions.

Once I set write permission for that specific user group, it worked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

I don't suppose there is an & in the name?  This note says that was a problem in 9.2.

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/264.html

The note also says there is more info in metadata server log, so perhaps checking that would help.

Those are just guesses. Also probably a good idea to double-check metadata permissions on the metadata directory you are trying to write the stored process to.  Maybe make that directory read/writeable by world, just to start.  Or make a new metadata directory and try saving a STP in the new directory.

Solution
‎10-27-2016 02:26 AM
Super User

[ Edited ]

No, it wasn't in the name.

The reason was a missing write permission on the "Stored Process Source Directory" object, which is to be found in SMC - Authorization Manager - By Location - (Application Server Name)

I had created a new Application Server object (parallel to SASApp) for a specific group of users, and a SP server under that.

When one then defines a new directory where to store the stored process sources, ths SP Source Dierctory object is automatically created, but does not receive the necessary write permissions.

Once I set write permission for that specific user group, it worked.

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation