BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

SAS 9.2:

I want to create a stored process, but the message (see subject) comes.

Only when I give the user the role "Metadata Server: Unrestricted" (which I surely do not want with an end-user), I can create a stored process.

Happens both in Enterprise Guide and Management Console

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

No, it wasn't in the name.

The reason was a missing write permission on the "Stored Process Source Directory" object, which is to be found in SMC - Authorization Manager - By Location - (Application Server Name)

I had created a new Application Server object (parallel to SASApp) for a specific group of users, and a SP server under that.

When one then defines a new directory where to store the stored process sources, ths SP Source Dierctory object is automatically created, but does not receive the necessary write permissions.

Once I set write permission for that specific user group, it worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

I don't suppose there is an & in the name?  This note says that was a problem in 9.2.

http://support.sas.com/kb/43/264.html

The note also says there is more info in metadata server log, so perhaps checking that would help.

Those are just guesses. Also probably a good idea to double-check metadata permissions on the metadata directory you are trying to write the stored process to.  Maybe make that directory read/writeable by world, just to start.  Or make a new metadata directory and try saving a STP in the new directory.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

No, it wasn't in the name.

The reason was a missing write permission on the "Stored Process Source Directory" object, which is to be found in SMC - Authorization Manager - By Location - (Application Server Name)

I had created a new Application Server object (parallel to SASApp) for a specific group of users, and a SP server under that.

When one then defines a new directory where to store the stored process sources, ths SP Source Dierctory object is automatically created, but does not receive the necessary write permissions.

Once I set write permission for that specific user group, it worked.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation