BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello everybody,

so this isn't a problem just a question that would make the life easier.

When executing a STP in the log I get to so see a list of all the macro variables that are available to the STP via autoexecs etc. Is there a way to suppress that in the log? 99% of the time it is just fluff that the users scroll through to get to the actual log notes they are interessted in.

NOTE: SAS Initialization used (Total process time):
      real time           0.01 seconds
      cpu time            0.00 seconds

NOTE: The autoexec file, /path/SASMain/StoredProcessServer/autoexec.sas, was executed at server initialization.

>>> SAS Macro Variables:

... <- Long list of variables

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you for your time and kind regards

Criptic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I should have mentioned _NOLOG_, but I didn't think that it was a good, general purpose solution.  That feature is often used to prevent displaying sensitive data in the log, but if it fits your needs, then use it.

As a result of this thread, we have added the _SUPPRESS_MVARS parameter to SAS 9.4M6.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

The list of macro variables cannot be suppressed, but we could consider adding this feature in a future release.

Would adding a _SUPPRESS_MVARS=true parameter to a stored process be sufficient?  That allows you to handle stored processes on a case-by-case basis.  Or do you need to suppress the list for all stored processes?

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks for the reply.

A parameter to handle it on a case by case basis would be completly sufficient.

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
As a quick solution for anybody still needing a fix right now for this if you specifie a macro-variable with the prefix _nolog_ it will not be shown in the log - of course then you also have to call it with &_nolog_YOURNAME but it helps - see here for more in depth explanation: http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/input.html
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I should have mentioned _NOLOG_, but I didn't think that it was a good, general purpose solution.  That feature is often used to prevent displaying sensitive data in the log, but if it fits your needs, then use it.

As a result of this thread, we have added the _SUPPRESS_MVARS parameter to SAS 9.4M6.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Criptic
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

That is great to hear.

Yeah I'm using it for one mv but I thought I should mention it.

Has there been a release date announced for M6?

Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

SAS 9.4M6 should be available at the end of November 2018.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 in conversation