BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
rab24
Calcite | Level 5
I am attempting to create a stored process on a SAS server. Part of this process includes importing new data from a local computer. My SAS system has a default path through the server which is preventing me from directing the import to use the local computer. I have tried to deassign the server libname with no success.

Is it possible to override the server pathname?

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Can you post a code snippet that illustrates the problem you are having?

Thanks.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
rab24
Calcite | Level 5
I have tried it several different ways and I don't know which method is closest to correct. Generally, when I manually import a file, EG3 puts the following line into my log:
File Name=/localhome/sastmp/SAS/#LN00009

File #LN00009 is created when I manually import a DAT file, but I want to be able to refresh the original DAT file and have the stored process import the new DAT file. When I attempted deassigning the libref and placing a new libref from my local computer, I get an error message:

ERROR: Physical file does not exist, /usr/local/sas91/SAS/Lev1/EUCE/C:\Documents and
Settings\Desktop\Book.dat.
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It is still difficult to diagnose what is happening without seeing more code. I suggest that you contact our Technical Support department so they can walk through the process with you.

You can open a track online at:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/index.jsp

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
deleted_user
Not applicable
When you run import wizards in Enterprise Guide, it can "see" your PC and pick up the data. Unfortunately when you run the code as a Stored Process it's running on the Unix server, which doesn't know about your PC.

We work around this by 1st FTPing the data to the Unix server and then using an INFILE statement to read it.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation