BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,
I'm submitting a stored process which runs for more than an hour.I use web application to run the stored process.The screen becomes time out .
Is there any way by which this could be solved.
Is there any other method by which we can submit the job.My code has several input parameters to be entered and that's why i created a stored process and running the application from web.

Suggest me the best method to run such programs which takes longer hours.

Thanks..
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
In DI Studio, you can turn your stored process into a DI Studio job and then you could set it up to run with the scheduler.

However, I'd recommend that you first contact Tech Support on this question. They can look at your code and your log and your server settings and perhaps help you improve the response time for the stored process. Just because the SP has input parameters does not automatically mean that the SP needs to be executed from the web (via URL). Have you set a default value for your parameters in the SAS code, so the SP could run from one of the client applications? If you run a parallel test using EG to submit the SP, does the SP take as long to run? These are all questions that Tech Support can work with you on to help you arrive at the best solution.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation