BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FrankE
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a stored process that performs commonly used business logic.  I'd like this stored process to output a data set, not a report.  Ideally if it were run in Enterprise Guide it would show a dataset coming out of it that could be used in subsequent steps.  Is there any way to do this?

8 REPLIES 8
TriciaA
Calcite | Level 5

Frank

I have an example of how to do this kind of stored process in my Biz Intel Blog.  Here's the post:

http://www.bi-notes.com/2011/11/sas-stored-process-outputs-data-without-a-report/

Hope this helps,

Tricia

RajaSa
Calcite | Level 5

Tricia,

Apparently this seems to work only if the target library is pre-assigned(sashelp etc.). Is there any way that we can make this work with the Work Library?

SASBIROX
Calcite | Level 5

I'm not sure what you asking - is it about using the Data Library prompt or about not outputting a dataset?

RajaSa
Calcite | Level 5

Tricia,

I am trying to create an output from the stored process, I have noticed that the output dataset appears as a step in the Enterprise guide project only if the it is created into a preassigned library.

However my dataset has more than one million rows, and I do not want that to be be created in a permanent library. Is there a way to  make the datset appear as a step in the project without writing it to a permanent library.

Thanks

SASBIROX
Calcite | Level 5

Not that I know of. 

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Writing to the work-library of another sas session is not possible - unless the server configuration lacks a proper configuration of write-access to the location in which then directories for the work-libraries are created.

NN
Quartz | Level 8 NN
Quartz | Level 8

Hi i dont think it is necessary to have preassigned libraries. you can always define a libref in your code with a libname statement and use the same.

However it is always good to have preassigned libraries as shown by Tricia so that user restrictions/security are honoured by the stored process.

trt
Fluorite | Level 6 trt
Fluorite | Level 6

Just to have it in the air within this discussion.

You can also use the Stored Process sessions (http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/sesssamp.html). A macro variable (_sessionid) you need to pass through your pages (as a GET parameter). All pages which have the same _sessionid can share the libref called SAVE, and all datasets created in it. This library is temporary, as session expires after (by default) 15 minutes.

If any of the SAS experts are there to correct me, please do.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 in conversation