BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
I've been able to create from my SAS Base code a SAS Stored process, and it ran smoothly when attached to a Workspace Logical Server. However, the kind of SP I'm developing should work on a Stored Process server, as a matter of performance and user who are going to access them.
I receive two kind of errors:
- If I try to run the SP from Enterprise Guide, it says after a minute or so :"...something in italian, and then the object spawner was unable to redirect the client". Then, from EG I cannot open the SP.
- If I try to launch it through a simple standalone java program I've made, the error is "sam.S251.ex.msg: A problem occurred when connecting to a load balancing spawner"
What should our SAS Admin take care of?
Thanks

Daniele
4 REPLIES 4
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
It seems that our SAS Administrator has changed something...but still the system isn't working, and it's getting frustrating 😞
So, the first problem is that I cannot connect to the repository which contains the metadata... the code is the following one:

libname DPEFDest meta library="Tabelle prototipo" repname="DPEF", where "DPEF" is a repository son of Foundation.

The error is "No metadata objects found matching the specified URI".
So I tried (as an experiment) to move all the metadata to the Foundation repository...and it goes a little further, but then I get a weirder error message, which says:

"user does not have appropriate authorization for library SAVE"

i still have some problems writing the code when choosing the SAS Stored Process Server (it doesn't allow me), but at least I've managed to use the BI Manager to edit a stored process, changing the server from workspace to stored process server.
Any idea at all?
Thanks

Daniele
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This sounds like an issue that needs to have a track opened with Tech Support.
cynthia
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,
in the end I've opened a track request through the Tech Support and now I'm waiting...but I can post at least the solution of one of the problems (the fact that I couldn't connect to a meta library which wasn't inside Foundation).
There is a very clear KB article that explains this problem: in order to use a stored process running in a stored process server, which uses this kind of libraries, the "SAS General Servers" have to be authorized with (at least) Read Metadata and Read:

http://support.sas.com/kb/20/062.html

HTH

Daniele
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
I've finally solved (by myself unfortunately, the tech support didn't called me back...yet) the problem about this mysterious library SAVE.
From these KB articles:

http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/sesssamp.html
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/sessions.html

The library SAVE is created in order to keep a session for the Stored Process (which is extremely important in the case of a state less scenario like the Web). Using the code described in that articles, I've been able to go over the execution (still blocked after that, but it's a matter of time)...

I still believe it's a problem of configuration (the session should be automatically created from EG, shouldn't it?), so I'll try to contact the Tech support and here from them...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation