BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tanmoy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi..

Here is the situation.I have two diff stored process. In the first store process we have an html page where we are displaying some information. If anyone want to change it they have to press the button which will hit the second stored process where we have 3-4 mandatory prompt.

while executing the whole thing I am getting error in the second page.If i press edit button it is going to the second stored process but it is giving error-

* x,y,z parameter doesn't have any value.

As per me the prompt page of the second stored process should have opened but its expecting the value instead of that. How to resolve this???

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

I'm having a hard time understanding your question, and guessing other folks are as well, since nobody responded today.  Can you provide more description of what you are doing?

You have two different stored processes.  Does the first stored process generate an HTML page that gathers user inputs for the second stored process?  I'm not sure what you mean by "edit button." 

I think a little more information would help people help you.

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Tanmoy
Calcite | Level 5

well...edit button is nothing but a submit button which will take you to the next stored process.

Ok..I am explaining ...

I have two diff stored process.

First one is an html page where it displays the last updated value. If anyone want to change it,  he has to press the button which will take you to the next stored process.

In the second stored process I have several mandatory prompt.As per the input value it updates the table.

whenever I am executing, its is going to the next stored process but it is not asking for the value. Means no  prompt page is getting appeared .....Its throwing an error saying that no value for input parameter.

As per me a prompt page should open to ask for the input parameter value/prompt value.

I hope its clear (keeping my finder crossed Smiley Happy )

Quentin
Super User

So first stored process generates an html page, where user clicks a button on that generated page.  And when user clicks, you want them to get a prompt page for the second stored process, right?

On the generated html page, what does the URL behind the button look like?  Would think it should include _action=properties if you want it to display the prompts for the second stored process.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
Tanmoy
Calcite | Level 5

I am doing-

PUT '<form name="rarrs" method = "post" action="/SASStoredProcess/do">' ;

PUT '<input type="hidden" name="_PROGRAM"'

' value="second stored process name">';

but its not giving me the prompt page.

Quentin
Super User

I would try adding  a second input field (variable?)  _ACTION with the value of "Properties", analogous to the _PROGRAM field.  That should (could?) tell SAS to show the prompt page rather than execute the stored process.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation