BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I recently finished creating a stored process that runs well in Enterprise Guide, but does not run in Web Repport Studio. Has anyone else encountered this problem? If you did, what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks so much, in advance!
4 REPLIES 4
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
In order for Stored Processes to execute from Web Report Studio, they must be stored in a special location in the metadata known as the "BIP Tree" folder.

Looking at the SAS Log might help, if you are getting a SAS Log. If you are not getting a SAS Log, but are getting Java error messages, then you might consult the Platform Administrator documentation for help. Otherwise, there are other possibilities that might be involved, but your best bet for a quick response to this issue is to contact Tech Support.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi, Cynthia,

What had happended was that I had an extraneous quit; at the end of my code, right before my %stpend; line. When I removed the quit; statement, my stored process worked correctly. I had already placed my process into the "BIP Tree" folder.

Thans for replying! I appreciate it.
deleted_user
Not applicable
I need to clarify this for myself Cynthia.

Have you any idea why an extra Quit; statement would cause this problem? From a foundation SAS viewpoint, an extra run, quit or semicolon is usually benign.

Why would this cause a problem for a stored process?

Kind regards

David
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
David:
Without actually seeing ALL the code and the WRS log where it did NOT work, I'm not sure what was going on. SAS Web Report Studio uses SASReport XML by default. EG uses HTML by default as the result type. Removing an extra quit doesn't seem like it would have an effect for either result type creation -- UNLESS it was enclosed somehow in a nested macro call and abnormally ended -- a situation which EG might recover from more gracefully than WRS.

This is one reason why I recommend having a working SAS program to start (which only would have had 1 quit in the right place) and then when the code was "macro-ized" there would have been less of a chance to introduce an error.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation