BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bream_bn
Fluorite | Level 6

I created and deployed a simple stored process but I am unable to load this into a BI Dashboard. Are there others settings I need to put on the stored process aside from make the return type a package? When I attempt to use the stored process for the dashboard it does not show me any tables to use.

%global _ARCHIVE_PATH _ARCHIVE_NAME;

%macro checkrc(text);

if rc ne 0 then do;

msg=sysmsg();

put msg=;

end;

else

put "&text succeeded";

%mend checkrc;

data _NULL_;

rc=0;pid=0;desc="";

call package_begin(pid,desc,nameV,rc);

%checkrc(Package Init);

call insert_dataset(pid,"sashelp","cars","Car Types",'',rc);

%checkrc(Package Dataset);

length fullpath $4096;

call package_publish(pid,"TO_ARCHIVE",rc,"archive_path,archive_name,archive_fullpath","&_ARCHIVE_PATH","&_ARCHIVE_NAME",fullpath);

%checkrc(Package Publish);

putlog fullpath;

call symput('_ARCHIVE_FULLPATH',fullpath);

call package_end(pid,rc);

%checkrc(Package Term);

run;

2 REPLIES 2
zeelan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Bream,

Can you tell what exact msg you are getting when you executed stored process from EG.

If you are getting msg like Package created with no tables .Then Solution for that is turn off The Stored process Macros from Include codes from SAS EG modifed Stored process .%stpbegin and %stpend;

-Zeelan

SameerSAS
Calcite | Level 5

Hey bream_bn,

Were you able to get this resolved? I am having similar problems, where I get an error in BI Dashboard saying "The value of a fixed prompt cannot be changed: _result". I am not modifying the value of the _result prompt anywhere in the code.

Any help would be appreciated.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation