BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

I'm migrating to a new Win 10 PC, and having a problem when Chrome displays the HTML frames used by the default Stored Process Web App .  I think I've hit a chrome bug (interpreting the HTML generated by SAS).  Chrome 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If I go to https://myserver.com/SASStoredProcess/ and click "list available stored processes" it brings up the default SPWA tree which has a frame for metadata folders / stored processes on the left, and a frame at the right for input parameters.  The HTML code for that page looks like:

<html><head><title>Stored Processes</title></head>
<script>
function stp_fixSize() {
var rectObject = window.top.frames[0].document.body.getBoundingClientRect();  document.body.rows = (rectObject.bottom - rectObject.top) + ", *"
}
</script>
<frameset onload="stp_fixSize()" rows="75,*" class="" framespacing="1">
  <frame name="_stpBanner" class="" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" noresize></frame>
<frameset cols="25%,*" class="">
  <frame name="_stpTree" class="" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"></frame>
  <frame name="_stpOutput" class="" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"></frame>
</frameset>
</frameset>
</html>

I wonder if someone with chrome and Win 10 could paste that html into a file and open it in chrome.  I ended up with the top frame taking about half the screen.  It works fine in IE.

I'm not a web guy, but I debugged a bit.  Looks like the problem is in the stp_fixsize function.  In chrome if I hardcode the value of doucument.body.rows to be a decimal with only 10 places, it works:

<html><head><title>Stored Processes</title></head>
<script>
function stp_fixSize() {
var rectObject = window.top.frames[0].document.body.getBoundingClientRect();  document.body.rows = 50.1234567891 + ", *"
}
</script>
<frameset onload="stp_fixSize()" rows="75,*" class="" framespacing="1">
  <frame name="_stpBanner" class="" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" noresize></frame>
<frameset cols="25%,*" class="">
  <frame name="_stpTree" class="" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"></frame>
  <frame name="_stpOutput" class="" frameborder="1" scrolling="auto"></frame>
</frameset>
</frameset>
</html>

But if I add a few more values after the decimal point, it breaks.

My questions:

1. Can anyone else with Win10 and chrome replicate this behavior?

2. When I talk with the SAS server admin, is there a .html file template or similar somewhere they could edit, to round() or truncate() the value computed in the stp_fixsize() script?

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This appears to be a problem that is corrected in the next release of SAS. 

Try adjusting the zoom level of your browser to see if you can find a setting that provides a correctly sized frame. 

Another possible workaround (not tested) is to specify a value for the BannerRows configuration parameter:

Configuring the SAS Stored Process Web Application

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=itechcdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=stpug&docsetTarget=webappcfg...

Adjust the value until the frame is correctly sized.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

This appears to be a problem that is corrected in the next release of SAS. 

Try adjusting the zoom level of your browser to see if you can find a setting that provides a correctly sized frame. 

Another possible workaround (not tested) is to specify a value for the BannerRows configuration parameter:

Configuring the SAS Stored Process Web Application

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=itechcdc&cdcVersion=9.4&docsetId=stpug&docsetTarget=webappcfg...

Adjust the value until the frame is correctly sized.

Vince DelGobbo

SAS R&D

Quentin
Super User

Thanks much @Vince_SAS.  Turns out my chrome was set to zoom to 90%.  When I changed it to 100%, it resized correctly.   If it becomes a problem for users, will submit a ticket to our admins to try adjusting banner size.

Thanks again,

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation