Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Stored Process Reports in SAS AMO and questions about generations

Contributor

Stored Process Reports in SAS AMO and questions about generations

This is on SAS 9.4 M3, and I am the creator/owner of the stored processes and stored process reports.

Besides the ~3 pages of documentation in the developer's guide, is there any other place to find documentation on stored process reports? 

Issues I am having:

- While I can access the stored process reports through the stored process web portal, can I do so through the SAS AMO?  I can access my stored processes in AMO, but the reports don't show up.  Under "Files of type:" selector, there is an option for "SAS Report Files" which I thought meant stored process reports.

- Say I have the stored process report configured to 1 maximum retained generation that never expires.  I take this to mean that once the report exists, it should never need to re-run the underlying stored process.  However, in SAS MC, under the "output" tab", there's 1 generation item, but there is a column called "Number" that seems to increment whenever I access it, and the Creation Time keeps changing to the time I last accessed it, which to me implies the stored process is being re-run, which I thought it shouldn't be doing. 

- Say I set it to 5 maximum retained generations - every time I access the report it creates a new generation in SAS MC.  I'm confused since I would think creating a generation would mean the report had been re-run, or is that not true?

- The documentation talks about being able to force refresh the report and choosing from different generations, but I don't see how this is done.  I changed the properties of the report so it would retain multiple generations, but in SAS MC all I see is a "delete" generation button, so I do not see how I would select a specific generation for presentation.  I also don't see any functionality within the SAS stored process web portal do do this either.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation