BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RussellAlmeida
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Tech Support,

I have developed Stored Process which in turn generate PDF Reports based on the parameters provided by the end users. Where and how should i proceed to the WRS or IDP.

I know that when you have developed a stored process with macro variables as inputs you can see a text box in the Stored Process Explorer. Can i have the same functionality on WRS or IDP. HOW.

Please suggest.

Regards
Russell Message was edited by: Russell Almeida
6 REPLIES 6
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
I think what you are referring to is an input parameter for your stored process. Here is information on how add a parameter:

Adding a Parameter to the Stored Process Definition
http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/stpug/61271/HTML/default/a003172097.htm#a003255328

The parameter will be surfaced by the clients that you mention.

If you need to contact our Technical Support Department, you can open a track at:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/createForm

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
RussellAlmeida
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I tried to put the option you had specified but no luck, am i missing on some more options.

All i need is the PDF file which is created by the stored process to open with the Open, Save, Cancel dialog box when the stored process is executed.

I have also opened a SAS Technical Support track but no reply from there too.

Please suggest

Regards
Russell
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
It's probably best to continue to work with Technical Support on this issue.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
RussellAlmeida
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I was successful in creating the stored process and having them published on the IDP.

When the user clicks on the Stored Process he is presented with the same interface which one would get from the Stored Process Explorer. That is fine but how do i suppress the different options the user is presented in the ADVANCED menu

In short i want the list of macro variables and their values like _ODSDEST etc....

Regards
Russell
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
What version of SAS are you using, 9.1.3 or 9.2?

I don't know what you mean by the "ADVANCED" menu. How do you access that menu, and what are you seeing on it?

The property page only shows the parameters that are defined in metadata.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
I'm not sure what you mean by the "Advanced Menu" -- but this Tech Support note discusses how to suppress the usual property page:
http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts764.pdf

Otherwise, I'm not clear on what you want to see.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation