BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
krusader
Fluorite | Level 6

In a stored process I've created prompts before that come up before the stored process runs. How can I have these prompts available above the table of data that returns? I'd like to be able to change prompt values and re-run the stored process from the same page, after searching around I am uncertain where this sort of configuration would go.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You probably will have to use Custom Form in this case, with Framesets (Upper section/frame for the Parameters, Lower section/frame for the Stored Process Execution Results)

Check the following SAS Documentation for examples and detailed instructions

- SAS 9.3 Stored Processes: Examples

Not knowing which version of SAS you have, Check out the corresponding SAS Stored Processes: Developer's Guide for your SAS version

Hope this help,
Ahmed

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Try changing the &_action= parameter value to &_action=PROPERTIES,RECALL
krusader
Fluorite | Level 6
Unfortunately no luck here, &_action=PROPERTIES,RECALL does not help to display the prompts above the result table after the stored process runs
AhmedAl_Attar
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

You probably will have to use Custom Form in this case, with Framesets (Upper section/frame for the Parameters, Lower section/frame for the Stored Process Execution Results)

Check the following SAS Documentation for examples and detailed instructions

- SAS 9.3 Stored Processes: Examples

Not knowing which version of SAS you have, Check out the corresponding SAS Stored Processes: Developer's Guide for your SAS version

Hope this help,
Ahmed

krusader
Fluorite | Level 6
This is correct that a custom form is needed. There is plenty of documentation on this after I read up. It requires a data _null_ step and a file _webout to stream the put html back to a web page
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

Building your web front end as a Single Page Application with SAS at the backend is a great design choice 🙂

You essentially need to serve your HTML / CSS / JS from the web server directly, and call SAS using ajax (or better - our open source h54s adapter).

For a quick guide to this approach you can checkout this blog or peruse the excruciating step by step details in this SGF 2017 paper.  The paper actually gives you what you describe (a filter which shows the data underneath), the source code / seed app is also on github.

For testing / improving your knowledge on Stored Process Web Apps you can also peruse the SPWA tag on sasensei.com (which is still in beta mode).

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation