BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have a stored process that runs OK in EG, but causes errors in WRS. I've contacted Tech Support, who advise to remove the NOBYLINES statment from my OPTIONS line..... however, if I remove that command, how might I then print reports for variious groups? I've got the #byVAL(mygroup names) in my report header, as well as the BY commands needed.

Is there anohther way to have my report break on each group, with the group name in the report header?

Thanks so much to all who reply!
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
I'm not sure that the problem is NOBYLINE. I had this sample stored process that works in both Web Report Studio and EG and other client applications:
[pre]
*ProcessBody;
%stpbegin;
options nobyline nodate nonumber;

proc report data=sashelp.shoes nowd;
where region in ('Asia', 'Canada', 'Pacific');
by region;
title 'Report for Region: #byval(region)';
column product sales;
define product /group;
define sales/sum;
rbreak after/ summarize;
compute after;
product = 'Total';
endcomp;
run;
%stpend;

[/pre]

Does your stored process also use PROC REPORT with LINE statements??? It might have been the LINE statement that was causing problems. The SASReport XML that is used by Web Report Studio has issues with PROC REPORT and the LINE statement.

I still think it's an issue for you to work on with Tech Support; however, I also think that you should look for some other code that's breaking in Web Report Studio.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation