BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6

In a SAS 9.2 environment, is it possible to schedule a stored process to execute via the use of either the In-Process Scheduler or the Operating System Scheduler?  My end goal is to convert a batch job that runs on a nightly basis via the Operating System Scheduler into a scheduled stored process to eliminate the storage of database id's and passwords that currently exist in in open code (odbc libnames, etc).  Any ideas or suggestions?

Many Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES 3
lacrefa
Calcite | Level 5

I do not understand you need

You can use simply EG project or Web report that is scheduled, I do not remember if the automation with Add-in have a good implemantion but it could be a other way.

JDMTX
Fluorite | Level 6

The issue boils down to the best approach/practice that can be used to eliminate the storage of user ids/credentials in open code by leveraging either stored processes or the metadata server for jobs that need to be run on a nightly basis.  I currently am limited to the use of the OS Job Scehduler.

Quentin
Super User

Hi,

Chris H has a nice blog post on strategies for eliminating clear-text passwords from SAS code:

http://blogs.sas.com/content/sasdummy/2010/11/23/five-strategies-to-eliminate-passwords-from-your-sa...

HTH,

--Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation