BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi!

We have an architecture separated in: Foundation, custom and project repositories.
When i try to create a SP in a Custom Repository, I receive an error.
If a create in Foundation, it works.

But, this is my problem, because the users in this architecture, only have access in the custom repositories.

My Logical Stored Process Server and my Logical Workspace Serve, are both created in Foundation.

What I should do!
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I would recommend that you work with Tech Support on this issue. You may or may not need to get your SAS administrator involved in making sure that the servers and repositories are all defined where they need to be defined. I'm not sure whether a custom repository's stored processes are visible to servers under the Foundation repository application server context. You might find the answer in the Platform Administration documentation.

Overall, Tech Support will be your best bet for help with this question.

cynthia
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
I believe that SP:s only can exist in Foundation, well I had never come across any other implementation. As a general
rule of thumb: unless specified, all EBIS objects must reside in Foundation (9.1.3).

Regards,
Linus
Data never sleeps
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
This is really a question for Tech Support. In the glossary
( http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/glossary.html#C ), it says that "A custom repository is used to specify resources that are unique to a particular data collection." I believe -which- resources are available depend on your configuration, security and server setup.

There are SAS solutions, such as ITRM, that run in a custom repository and have stored processes. I am not sure where the stored processes "live" -- in the Foundation repository, or in the custom repository.

I really think you should contact Tech Support to open a ticket about this question. When you are building the architecture for an application or solution, it is better to get the final word on what's possible or not from Tech Support -- because if they do not know the answer to your question, they have the resources to get the definitive answer to your question.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation