BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I know there are some minor differences between the capabilities of the parameter interface for EG versus the Portal (v9.1.3). Can anyone tell me what these are?

I have a stored process that I created in EG...actually I wrote a macro then put it in EG. In EG the stored process runs fine...it does not run in the Portal. I don't think it is a security issue because the parameter group headers do appear...so the portal is accessing the SP...but if I click on a group header nothing happens. I think it may have something to do with the 20 or so parameters I set up. Any ideas?

TIA

Matthew
1 REPLY 1
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
One time where I've seen this happen (SP runs in EG/AMO, but not the Portal) is when I used macro variables like &VAR and &CLASS which are Javascript "keywords". The Portal uses JavaScript to build the GUI for submitting the SP -- so if your SP macro variables are named the same as JavaScript keywords, it confuses the Portal and you generally get an "error on page". This Tech Support note talks about it:
http://support.sas.com/kb/18/502.html

I'm not exactly sure what the whole list of Javascript "words to avoid" are. In our Stored Process class, we recommend avoiding JavaScript functions and object names as a best practice -- for example break, do, if, throw, catch, case, enum, in, try switch, var, class...) We looked them up in a JavaScript manual.

Otherwise, if that's not it, you might check with Tech Support for more help. They can look at your SP registration and help you figure out what's wrong.

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation