BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RS1
Calcite | Level 5 RS1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

We are trying to create a data collection web app by using SAS stored process web application. However, once we have created the stored process the GUI is looking very poor. We understand that we can improve the GUI by HTML language but not sure how the prompts will be placed on the screen. These prompts are referring to a dynamic data set to fetch the values for users. Attached herewith are a snapshot, on the first page is our web app snap and the second page is something similar to what we want to achieve.

Regards,

Ramanand 

5 REPLIES 5
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I would love to be proven wrong, but in my experience the SAS tools are not that well oriented towards data capture applications. Assuming that someone else doesn't contradict this, do you have the possibility of using other tools to do your data capture?

Alternately, what are your reasons for selecting this particular mechanism for data capture? Is it based on a successful application that you've seen? I'd love to see an example.

Tom

boemskats
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

I disagree Tom. In my experience SAS tools are awesome at data capture, but you have to take a slightly different approach. It's one of the reasons we maintain this library

@RS1 if you want to apply that kind of styling to your prompts, traditionally you'd have to write some .jsp and deploy it within your SAS Stored Process webapp. However, I don't think your prompts are that far away from what you're after; you'll probably achieve the effect you're after by simply removing the nobanner word from your URL and adding slightly better descriptions to your prompts.

Good luck.

Nik

TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Fascinating, @boemskats!

Thank you so much for posting this. It's not an area that I know much about, but I will absolutely be passing it onto some folks who will find it interesting.

I have many more questions about your library, but I'll take them offline.

Tom

RS1
Calcite | Level 5 RS1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @boemskats thanks for the guidelines. Would you mind telling me steps for removing nobanner word from URL. Regarding using .JSP, we are facing problems in referring dynamic lists which are right now appearing as a dropdown prompts for selection. It would be great if we could help me with both of these. Will try to use it to sort out the aesthetics issues with the stored process web app created. 

RS1
Calcite | Level 5 RS1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi @boemskats thanks for the guidelines. Would you mind telling me steps for removing nobanner word from URL. Regarding using .JSP, we are facing problems in referring dynamic lists which are right now appearing as a dropdown prompts for selection. It would be great if we could help me with both of these. Will try to use it to sort out the aesthetics issues with the stored process web app created. Also I would like to bring in your notice that I am not a seasoned web developer and just know about SAS codes. The HTML components I will be outsourcing to someone.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation