BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a requirement to get sas frequency for 3 variables, can anyone please help me on this?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
Are you posting this in the Stored Process forum because you need to create a stored process that will report on the frequency for 3 variables???

Generally, when you develop a stored process you either start from SAS code (such as PROC FREQ) or you start from an Enterprise Guide task, such as the One-Way Frequencies Task. Either way, you will have to talk to your SAS Administrator or your Data Administrator to determine which SAS tables you are able to access.

If you are NOT going to create a Stored Process, but instead, just want to get a report of frequency counts, you might want to post this question in the SAS Procedures forum and not the Stored Process forum. The stated purpose of this forum is to "discuss the development and deployment of stored processes as stand-alone applications or integrated with the SAS Business Intelligence Server."

How are you using SAS to run your programs??? Are you running as part of a SAS BI Server installation or are you using SAS Enterprise Guide or Foundation SAS outside the context of the SAS BI Server (sometimes, also known as the Business Intelligence Platform or the SAS Platform for Business Analytics).

What kind of code have you already tried to use to get your frequency counts?

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Cynthia,

thanks for the reply.

I use SAS freq procedure in Mainframes.
I used the code like the below for two way frequency.
PROC FREQ DATA=MYDATA.SOMEDATA;
TABLES GENDER*AGE/CHISQ EXPECTED NOROW NOCOL NOPERCENT;
RUN;

My two variables are gender and age.
and now I want to know whether we can do three way for gender, age and height for example.

Thanks,
A.K
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
The documentation for TABLES statement of the FREQ Procedure is here:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/procstat/63104/HTML/default/viewer.htm#procstat_freq_sec...

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation