BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
teelov
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

I was hoping for some help. We are 90% there with getting a web app hosted on a third party server to talk negotiate with SAS Logon Manager, but doing so we get an error in the browser (IE or Chrome) about Cross Origin Policies.

there is a useful sas guide on what to change in the sas.conf (http://support.sas.com/kb/59/957.html) config on the web server, however , what do we need to restart once we have made this change. The client has a very very complicated SAS Server build and i want to minimise downtime, and meddle with as little as possible.

i have read that if do the following ( Understanding SAS Web Application Server Management) and running appsrvconfig.cmd restart we should be good to go.

Has any one else successfully changed this setting any other way?

Thanks

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello Matt, @teelov,

You will need to restart the SAS Web Server, not the SAS Web Application Servesr. Meaning, the "Apache" service. Hence, the script you mention is not what you are looking for.

If you ask me, I would try to just restart the SAS Web Server. if it is quick enough, you can avoid to require to restart all the Middle tier. However, be ready to have to restart all the middle-tier if this does not work. The reason is that the SAS Web Server is the responsible of managing the HTTP sessions (not java), hence, if you do not surpass the timeout/error level, you will be fine.

Anyway, you mention a complex SAS server/s. On which way?

PS. You can restart it with its own script at /config/Lev1/Web/WebServer/bin or with the SAS environment manager http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0amk5p2yueze7n15ku5qzrum7xk.htm&docsetVer...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello Matt, @teelov,

You will need to restart the SAS Web Server, not the SAS Web Application Servesr. Meaning, the "Apache" service. Hence, the script you mention is not what you are looking for.

If you ask me, I would try to just restart the SAS Web Server. if it is quick enough, you can avoid to require to restart all the Middle tier. However, be ready to have to restart all the middle-tier if this does not work. The reason is that the SAS Web Server is the responsible of managing the HTTP sessions (not java), hence, if you do not surpass the timeout/error level, you will be fine.

Anyway, you mention a complex SAS server/s. On which way?

PS. You can restart it with its own script at /config/Lev1/Web/WebServer/bin or with the SAS environment manager http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=bisag&docsetTarget=n0amk5p2yueze7n15ku5qzrum7xk.htm&docsetVer...

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation