BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

Hi All,

What is the best way to move all the stored procs from SAS9.2 to SAS9.4 as a part of upgrade/promotion ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

I recommend to use the "Export as SAS Package" functionality from within the SAS Management Console.

Also look at Using the Batch Export and Import Tools

Bruno

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
BrunoMueller
SAS Super FREQ

Hi

I recommend to use the "Export as SAS Package" functionality from within the SAS Management Console.

Also look at Using the Batch Export and Import Tools

Bruno

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
I exported the package(one stored proc as a test case), what are the prerequisites to import that in new environment ? there is nothing like storeprocs folder/destination for this 'package/stored proc' to get imported ?
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
You can technically put it in any folder (just don't put it in a system folder, of course). Start off by putting it in your user folder (i.e. "SAS Folders/User Folders/<your ID>/My Folder")
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8

I could successfully import to My Folder in SMC & Code to new app server, I can cat te code in the server,its there; but cant execute from EG, below is the error
[cid:image001.png@01D1A163.31B7D320]

"an error occured executing the stored process job "My-Hat", the stored process library failed to provide the execution context. the server failed to start. the launch of the server process filaed becuase of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library. The launch of server SASBaseApp-Stored Process Server for user sassrv failed. Insufficent information provided for a connection to the metadata server"

Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Can you try attaching the image again? It doesn't look like it came through.
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Just edited my post , please see again, thanks much
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Hmm, it's hard to say without knowing the particulars of each environment. You should open the stored process and make sure everything looks correct, particularly the execution server options. It's complaining about the execution context, so that's what you want to look at. Either it runs under the workspace server (which is what EG will default to) or the stored process server (which is what the web app will default to).
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Storedproc properties are just fine in SMC, but when I open in EG and check properties (right click and modify ) it gives attached error, that's where the issue is !!
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
When you imported the stored process did it ask you to select the target application server? Are you application server contexts called the same thing in the old environment and new environment?
Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
It's a different App server (target server), I selected target server and location to save code... as I said before I can see the code in "new location/new sas 9.4 app server" !
Timmy2383
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

In SMC did you try right-clicking on the stored process and then selecting "Make Compatible"?

Go
Quartz | Level 8 Go
Quartz | Level 8
Hi timmy,
This is resolved, turns out I had too many issues bringing up pooled workspace and stored process servers,(it was not issue the issue with promotion) I took care of them
Thank you very much for all your help, I learnt a lot !!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation