BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
we've successfully deployed a sas stored process and called it through the SAS Stored Process Web Application, which is amazing :).
Unfortunately, we've got a problem: this output which is generated should be accessible from all the users who access this public web site of our client...so we'd like to introduce a "dummy" login into the metadata (with only the rights to read and execute this stored process), and find a way to pass his credentials to the SAS Metadata server in a transparent way (i.e., without presenting the user a prompt).
Is this feasible? How can we implement it?
Thanks!

Daniele
3 REPLIES 3
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Danielle:
The Stored Process Web Application is very cool, indeed.

I think you may have to work with Tech Support on the answer to this question. I don't _think_ there's a dummy login, such as you ask for. And I don't know whether the security model changed for 9.2 to allow this kind of execution.

If you were using the Portal, the public kiosk is where you put items like this. But, again, Tech Support is your best resource here.

cynthia
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Cynthia,
as a dummy login I thought of a local user (inserted into the sas users group), with only the right to read and execute the SAS Stored Process (so that none could ever do any damage with that kind of user).
What I've found is that I can pass in the GET request for the SAS Stored Process Web Application the variables _USERNAME and _PASSWORD (pwencoded)...my basic idea is to try to build a simple servlet, which will call the SAS Stored Process url, pass (possibly in the POST instead of the GET) the authentication parameters, and then show the XHTML flow generated by the SAS Stored Process...
That should work, IMHO...
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

Have a look at http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/webappcfg.html

In the Params.config of the deployed Web Stored Process Server. In this file you can put values, servlet.user.name and servlet.user.password, and either hardcode a username and password or a value that gets a set in the session (values in the params.config with a $ infront are resolved at runtime from the session that calls it).

Dave

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation