BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
theBIFellow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Guys!

I'm new to the forum so be gentle:-)

I have a stored procedure deployed to the portal and it's running just fine. Well, with a tiny exception. Sometimes the process (which typically produces either a chart or error message) takes too long and the pop up generated by the stored procedure timesout. When I examine the log of the process it's clear that it ran succesfully but because the timeout occurs before it finishes the results don't appear in the pop up window.

Is there some parameter that can be tweaked either in Portal preferences or elsewhere to lengthen the timeout time to ensure that all processes finish with a result in the pop up window?

Thanks for any light you fellows and ladies can shed:-)

4 REPLIES 4
shivas
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Try this SAS note.

http://support.sas.com/kb/35/028.html

If you can share your code and sample data ,it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Shiva

theBIFellow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Shivas!

Thanks for the speedy response! That looks like it will solve my problem. I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks for your helpSmiley Happy

theBIFellow
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Shivas!

I implemented that code :

%LET rc=%sysfunc(stpsrvset(session timeout,3600));  

But it seemed to have no effect. Thanks for your response nonetheless, it was a good effortSmiley Happy

Quentin
Super User

Hi BIFellow,

Could you share some sample code?  Maybe just a small bit, using the sleep() function to simulate long processing, instead of including all of the code.  I'm curious as to how you are creating a pop-up of the results.  I would expect if you can post a small example replicating the time-out issue, someone will be better able to help you solve it.

-Q.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation