BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NagarajHublikar
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Whenever we running a Stored Process (STP) from Portal , The log of the particular STP is getting stored in some path in Unix Server machine.

I just want to know

1.  Whether only one log is going to produce for One STP ??

2.  One STP can have more than one Log ??

Thanks in advance ..!!!

Regards,

Nagaraj

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

I'm not sure if you understand the basic concepts of the stored process server.

The stored process server is a capable of load balancing stp between stored process servers (which are individual SAS server processes).

The server processes are reused by individual calls to stored process programs.

Each Stored Process Server process has it's own log, which is shared between the STPs executed on that server. The log is typically rolled over (to anew log file) each day.

Since the nature of STP (low cost jobs being executed frequently), the default setting for log output is set so minimal information for each execution is set to a minimum. Change theses settings for debugging purposes (typically in development).

A search on support.sas.com will give you a lot a materiel if you wish to get deeper insight:

Support Search and Browse Results for: stored process log

Data never sleeps
NagarajHublikar
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry I am new to this Stored Process Concept  But as per my understanding we can manually make the logs to store in one Particular Location Right ?? 

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You need to go through the specific configuration guides for the Stored Process Server to adopt your logging requirements.

Data never sleeps

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation