BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
I have used PROC GCHART to plot some box graphs in SAS code and built it into a stored process. But in EG the shapes of the graph change a lot and I'm given this NOTE: "Some of your options or statements may not be supported with the Activex or Java series of devices. Graph defaults for these drivers may be different from other SAS/GRAPH device drivers." While I do need the exactly same shapes for the graphs. Is there any setting or code that can help me get exact same graphs under SAS and EG? Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
I found it. Just add "goption dev=win" which is default setting in SAS.
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Device=WIN may work, but it is not the default driver that is used when you're in EG, unless you've changed your EG default. There's a difference between the device that's used for display on the screen and the device that's used to send the graphic output to a file. The device driver that is used with SAS/Graph inside EG is
[pre]
dev=ActiveX[/pre]

When you turn your SAS/Graph program into a stored process, you can choose which device driver should be used for the stored process by using an override of the default ODS options that pertain to graphic output, as shown:
[pre]
%let _GOPT_DEVICE = actximg;
%let _GOPT_XPIXELS = 640;
%let _GOPT_YPIXELS = 480;

*ProcessBody;

%stpbegin;
[/pre]
In this example, the default device is set to "ACTXIMG", which is like the ActiveX driver used by EG, but without the interactivity that's built into EG. You can also set the Xpixels and Ypixels (if you wanted to control the size of the graph. These are just a few of the "_GOPT_" options that are available for you to override. To learn more about SAS/Graph and stored processes and these options that you can override, refer to this site:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/reserved.html and this site has some more information about overriding input parameters: http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/stpmacro.html
Good luck!
cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Great! Thank you!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation