BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I am trying to make my display smaller.  I noticed that when I resize bar charts made with gchart that the inner statics are lost.  Is there a way to resize a barchart without losing the statistic?  I am using

goptions reset=all device=gif hsize=3in vsize=3in noborder;

I am guessing this has to do with the device that the gchart is rewritten to.  Any ideas on how I can keep the tooltip and inner statistic features? 

I also noticed that gcharts do not respond to ods tagset panels like other graphs do.

ods tagsets.htmlpanel event = panel(start); /*doesn’t work on gchart*/

Basic code is below:

goptions reset=all device=gif hsize=3in vsize=3in noborder;

proc gchart data=enrollment;

vbar TWO_DIGIT_YEAR /

width=3

type=sum

inside=subpct

sumvar=STUDENTS_ENROLLED

subgroup=Status

discrete

gaxis=axis1 maxis=axis2 raxis=axis3;

run; Quit;

4 REPLIES 4
Reeza
Super User

You should probably post this in the Graphics forum, or perhaps the can move it.

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I posted this question in the graphics forum, thanks for letting me know it was in the wrong spot.

ballardw
Super User

If you know what size you want it would probably be best to generate the output with the desired size options as any significant resizing tends to make any text inside the graphics area suboptimal.

Or send the output to a vector graphics format which may scale a bit better.

I have used GMAP with htmlpanel so I suspect that you have issues with the syntax for that bit.

before have the first event it is a good idea to start with the file info:

ods tagsets.htmlpanel

path=odsout (url=none)

body="MapPanel .html"

nogtitle

;

for example.

Then start adding the events.

After all of the panels are defined using appropriate finish for each column/row started  then close the destination

And device PNG is probably preferable to GIF

DavidPhillips2
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Ballardw,

Could you elaborate on how vector graphics or gmap can be used with gchart?  When I Google this all I get is mapping graphics.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation