BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
aha123
Obsidian | Level 7
You can use the REPLAY stored process to replay entries other than embedded images, such as CSS stylesheets, JavaScript... from http://support.sas.com/rnd/itech/doc9/dev_guide/stprocess/embedgrf.html

Could anyone tell me how to actually code REPLAY in stored process program for including .css/.js files in the output html stream? Where should I place .css/.js files in the Stored Process Server?
2 REPLIES 2
CameronLawson
Obsidian | Level 7
Do you actually need to? Generally you can store .css and .js files in the head using ods headtext (I think there is a stylesheet option for 9.2 as well). Alternatively, store it in a template via proc template. From what I can see in the documentation, using _replay creates multiple calls to the stored process server within a stored process (correct me if I am wrong). The browser is very good at caching stylesheets and javascripts in an optimal way (especially chrome and firefox). I think using template or headtext would result in more efficient browser processing.

If you do want to use it, it looks like you would have to parse the css or js file via a sas stored process and include the full stored process url in your head section of the stored process output anyway.
aha123
Obsidian | Level 7
Could you give me an example code? Hard to understand what you said in plain words.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation