BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I've defined an Oracle library using the Library Manager. The library isn't pre-assigned. It's a first shot using the technology so I've pretty much followed instructions (ie, created db schema, set the default login, imported tables).

I've created a stored process from an EG process flow which uses this library. When I run the report using the MS Add-in via MS Word I'm getting this error:

Libname XYZ META ipaddr='servername' port=8561 protocol=bridge userid='myusername' pw=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX repid=A0000001.A5RNHEDH libid=A5RNHEDH.AI000001;
ERROR: Invalid credentials
ERROR: Access denied.

It seems to be picking up my userid/pw from logging into the server, and not the assigned Oracle user credentials. I can see this when creating the stored process in EG, but can't figure out why. Any ideas??

Thanks - George
3 REPLIES 3
deleted_user
Not applicable
My initial post isn't quite right. What's happening is ANY user who tries to run this stored process via the MS Add-in will get the same error containing MY username in the USERID field. It's not a problem with the Oracle data, but authenticating to the metadata related to the Oracle library. I'm set up as an admin in adminUsers.txt (without the asterick), and I thought that may have something to do with my personal userid being attached to this libname. Removing my name from adminUsers.txt and refreshing my servers didn't solve it.

I recently changed my password which leads me to think that somewhere in my setup my initial userid/pw was somehow stored. Still baffled...

- George
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
If the problem only happens with the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office, you may want to post a question in the "Integration with Microsoft Office" forum:

http://support.sas.com/forums/forum.jspa?forumID=7

Tech Support is also available:

http://support.sas.com/ctx/supportform/index.jsp

Vince
SAS R&D
deleted_user
Not applicable
I'm using the wizard in EG to turn a process flow into the stored process. At Step 5 in the wizard (titled 'Librefs') I can see where my username\pw is appended to the Libname ... META ... statement.

Is this expected? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how I can make the stored process available to other users.

I can imagine this would be the same whether I ran the stored process via the add-in or another client.

Thanks.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation