I have figured out how to publish pdf files to xythos. However, excel files get sent as data sets. Has anyone found a way to have the excel file show up in xythos? We intend to automate everything. Scenario:
1) program runs as a job via job scheduler.
2) the output could be in 2 formats, excel and/or pdf
3) the output should be sent to xythos in its original format (i.e. excel shows up as excel in xythos, not data set)
4) when user logs into the portal, the new excel/pdf file should show up for the user (if they are authorized to see it)
5) when the job runs the next day or week or month, the output should have a different name so that users can see old data.
Has anyone accomplished this? if so, how? I already asked SAS support they said I will need to write custom code to accomplish this. I just wanted to know if folks in other companies are doing this, or what other possible alternatives are available.
Every time you see above, replace it with colon followed by the letter 'p' (: p).
Note to forum monitor: the use of square bracket+pre, etc does NOT prevent the colon+p from getting turned into a smiley face. For example, this section is a "pre" section:
I thought the 'pre' and '/pre' would prevent these letter/punctuation combos from getting translated to a smiley??