BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
EricF0012
Fluorite | Level 6

I am attempting to pass existing stored procedures into a SAS program (SAS version 9.4M4) that's executing in batch mode on my org's dedicated SAS Azure server. When submitting Proc STP for my test program within SAS Enterprise Guide, it runs successfully. When I run the program through batch mode using the SASSRV account with highest privileges however, I receive the following error in the log: 

Proc STP Program="/Financial Research/AzTest";

Run; 

ERROR: Insufficient information provided for a connection to the metadata server.
ERROR: Failed to connect to the metadata server.
NOTE: PROC_STP: ====== Proc STP Execution Ending ======
NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.
NOTE: PROCEDURE STP used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

When I saw this error, I added the following before Proc STP: 

Options MetaServer='server address' MetaPort=**** MetaUser=sassrv MetaPass=**************;

Rinse, repeat, and received this error in the log: 

ERROR: Stored Process /Financial Research/AzTest does not exist.

For this specific test stored process, I added 'Read Metadata' authorization for the SAS General Servers user group in SAS Management Console so that the SASSRV user could have read access to the metadata in the event that was the issue...but to no avail. 

I feel like it has to do with some kind of permissions issue between the SASSRV account and the metadata, but I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I don't think you can use `sassrv` as your metadata identity, precisely because it is a service account in the General Servers group.

I'd suggest creating a new SAS identity (eg sasbatch) and use those credentials to connect to metadata instead.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AllanBowe
Barite | Level 11

I don't think you can use `sassrv` as your metadata identity, precisely because it is a service account in the General Servers group.

I'd suggest creating a new SAS identity (eg sasbatch) and use those credentials to connect to metadata instead.

/Allan
SAS Challenges - SASensei
MacroCore library for app developers
SAS networking events (BeLux, Germany, UK&I)

Data Workflows, Data Contracts, Data Lineage, Drag & drop excel EUCs to SAS 9 & Viya - Data Controller
DevOps and AppDev on SAS 9 / Viya / Base SAS - SASjs
EricF0012
Fluorite | Level 6
Thanks @AllanBowe. I didn't realize that I couldn't access the metadata server with the same credentials (SASSRV) as what kicks off the STP server.

I had my network admin create a dummy account on the network domain that I could authenticate against for the new SASBatch user in the metadata server and that worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation