Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Problem Creating a Shared Prompt - Error Occured Assigning Libref

N/A

Hi All,

I am creating a shared prompt in SAS MC.  Prompt Type is text andMethod of Populating Prompt (User Select Value From A Dynamic List) I pointeddata source to a lookup table.  This lookup table has 200,000 records. When I trying to test this prompt it is showing ERROR message. "Error Occurred Assigning Libref: Java,util.NoSuchElementException"

Can I create a prompt using a lookup table which has 200,000 rows? What is the maximum number of values I can display in a prompt?

Thanks,

Vinay.

Contributor

I'm not aware of a limit - but I imagine that too many values are going to cause a problem.  Off the top of my head seems like in Information Map Studio suggest you limits the choices to a 100 values.  This may be more of a design issue (if you don't mind me saying).  As an end user, I would have a hard time picking from a list of 200000 choices.  You might want to consider adding some extra grouping and using a cascaded prompt. 

I talk about cascading prompts in this blog post, if you need some extra help:

Stored Process: Need to prompt based on the first prompt value?

I notice that the error indicates it didn't like the LIBREF - so I'd be curious if the lookup table location had the necessary permissions.

Hope this helps

Tricia

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation