Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Pop-up Window at the end of a stored proc

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor tlk
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Pop-up Window at the end of a stored proc

Hello,

I have a stored proc that produce pdf files trought ods, is there a way to indicate to users that the stored proc is finished.  I was thinking of a pop-up window, I added the "Message prompt" to my process flow and created my stored proc, this task(Message prompt) cannot be included in a SAS program, so that doesn't work.  

Any sugestion ?

Thanks !

Laurent

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-02-2015 01:28 PM
Contributor tlk
Contributor

Re: Pop-up Window at the end of a stored proc

Just a follow up, I didn't some more testing and when the stored proc is called from Excel(Ms-Office Addin), the pdf file is produce and the data is openned in Excel as well....  the user will then know that the report is completed.  I guess I was too quick to ask,   Sorry.

View solution in original post

All Replies
PROC Star

How are users calling the stored process?  (from which client?  web? EG... )

When I have a stored process called through web that returns a PDF, the browser will pop up a file download dialog box (assuming I have set the HTML headers appropriately...)

Contributor tlk
Contributor

Our Web server is not available, because we have somme issues with IWA.   So the primarly client will be MS-Office Add-in.

Thanks.

Solution
‎04-02-2015 01:28 PM
Contributor tlk
Contributor

Just a follow up, I didn't some more testing and when the stored proc is called from Excel(Ms-Office Addin), the pdf file is produce and the data is openned in Excel as well....  the user will then know that the report is completed.  I guess I was too quick to ask,   Sorry.

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation