BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Sarath
Calcite | Level 5

Hello SAS Experts,

I would like to know if its possible to implement parallel processing in SAS Stored process servers. I know and have implemented the same in SAS Workspace servers but I'm not sure of its feisibility in SAS Stored Process servers.

The said build in which I'm thinking of implementing the same generates Excel outputs in the end and the same is meant to be executed from SAS Information Delivery Portal post its release.

Currently it enforces sequential processing of functionally independent modules one after the other which could be done in parallel to save time, but I'm unsure of its possibility in Stored process servers.

Please cionvey your thoughts.

Regards,

Sarath

3 REPLIES 3
Jchapman
Calcite | Level 5

Might I ask how you do this with the Logical Workspace server?

James

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

When trying this, keep in mind that your HW should be able to to this in a reasonable manner. Starting up the parallel processes will take time and resources, and when those processes compete for resources (CPU cores, RAM, disk access), they may actually slow each other down so that the final result is worse (slower) than simple processing in succession.

A process that runs for 2 minutes and is repeated 10 times takes 20 minutes, but running the 10 processes in parallel may easily take you more than an hour, if your server is not designed for parallel work.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation