BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Dennis
Calcite | Level 5
I'm creating an excel spreadsheet with multiple sheets using tagsets.ExcelXP. I would like to be able to use the sas delivery portal for user to access the spreadsheet. Has anyone done this, if so would you share how this could be done. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Take a look at some of the papers listed here:

http://www.sas.com/reg/gen/corp/867226?page=Resources

Toward the end of the papers there is a section that should get you started.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
Dennis
Calcite | Level 5
Thank you both for the response, I was able to create a multi sheet excel work book. I do have another question, the file it creates is very large and take about 4 minutes to open. Is there another ods tagset set that would have better performance? Thanks
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
TAGSETS.EXCELXP is the only destination that creates multi-sheet workbooks. ODS TAGSETS.EXCELXP generates Spreadsheet Markup Language XML -- and the XML is very verbose. Rendering the XML into Spreadsheet form and especially multi-sheet form takes time.

Other than HTML or CSV, which both create single-sheet output when rendered in Excel, the only other tagset destination that creates output for Excel is TAGSETS.TABLEEDITOR. It makes an HTML file with embedded VB Script to create an Excel file usually with a button to initiate the export from HTML to Excel using VB. I don't remember whether it creates multi-sheet workbooks or not, but the doc and the updated tagset template is here:
http://support.sas.com/rnd/base/ods/odsmarkup/tableeditor/index.html#update

Using the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office allows you to open data sources, run analytic tasks or create stored process results all from within Excel. Have you benchmarked the time to open the multi-sheet workbook in the Portal against the time to open a workbook that was designed using the SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office??

cynthia

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation