BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi to all,
I've some problems with a simple code with a stored process...it doesn't assign a library at all:

>>> SAS Macro Variables:

_RESULT=STATUS
_ENCODING=utf-8
_APSLIST=_RESULT,_ODSDEST,_ODSOPTIONS,_ODSSTYLESHEET,_ODSSTYLE,_GOPT_DEVICE,_ENCODING,_METAUSER,_METAPERSON
_ODSOPTIONS=ATTRIBUTES=("CODEBASE"="http://www2.sas.com/codebase/graph/v91/sasgraph.exe")
_METAUSER=tiles_d
_REPLAY="&_URL?_sessionid=82457DF6-4608-44E4-874D-148026FCA127&_program=replay&_entry=&_TMPCAT.."
_ODSSTYLESHEET=(URL="file://bl75srv/statistica_Produzione/DPEF/report/css/stile_dpef.css")
_ODSSTYLE=stile_dpef
_METAPERSON=Tiles Daniele
_ODSDEST=HTML
_GOPT_DEVICE=ACTIVEX
_TMPCAT=APSWORK.TCAT000A

1 options nosource source2 center notes nodate nonumber ls=195 formchar='|----|+|---+=|-/\<>*' pagesize=40 noovp nomprint nomlogic nosymbolgen; title; footnote;
The SAS System

NOTE: %INCLUDE (level 1) file E:\SASUSER\itaadv\test_sp.sas is file E:\SASUSER\itaadv\test_sp.sas.
3 +* Begin EG generated code (do not edit this line);
4 +*
5 +* Stored process registrato da
6 +* Enterprise Guide Stored Process Manager v4.1
7 +*
8 +* ====================================================================
9 +* Nome stored process: test sp
10 +* ====================================================================
11 +*;
12 +
13 +
14 +*ProcessBody;
15 +
16 +%STPBEGIN;
17 +
18 +* End EG generated code (do not edit this line);
19 +
20 +/*
21 + Codice per la tabella 83
22 + @author: Daniele Tiles
23 + @mail: d.tiles@iconsulting.biz
24 + @date: 09/09/2008
25 +
26 + Qui si deve filtrare addirittura per politica
27 +*/
28 +
29 +/* Creazione della sessione */
30 +
31 +data _NULL_;
32 + if libref('SAVE') ne 0 then
33 + rc = stpsrv_session('create');
34 +run;

NOTE: DATA statement used (Total process time):
real time 0.00 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

The SAS System

35 +
36 +libname DPEFDest meta library='Tabelle prototipo' repname='DPEF' PORT=8561;
ERROR: Libname DPEFDEST is not assigned.
ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

why so? The library exists, and if I try to access it through normal SAS code, it works without any problem.
2 REPLIES 2
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hello Daniele,

Please see:

Usage Note 13619: Pre-assigning SAS libraries for the Stored Process Server
http://support.sas.com/kb/13/619.html

Usage Note 17720: Troubleshooting tips - Accessing a pre-assigned library using the Stored Process Server
http://support.sas.com/kb/17/720.html

Please keep in mind that the example in the SAS note mentions a libname statement using MLE. That uses the library definition in the metadata but also has permissions that it takes into consideration: Read, Write, Create, Delete.

There is a guide from support.sas.com that talks about that MLE in more detail.
http://support.sas.com/documentation/onlinedoc/91pdf/sasdoc_913/base_libnameug_9302.pdf

An alternative to that is to use just a libname statement using an engine such as BASE/ DB engine within an autoexec however you are then not using the metadata and hence not fully utilising the benefits of the SAS 9 architecture. My 2 cents worth on that point.

I hope that helps.

cheers,
Alan
DanieleTiles
Calcite | Level 5
Hi Alan,
thank you for your answer! I've tried what I could, but unfortunately it didn't work...and I'm not the admin of the SAS Server, so I couldn't even try everything described.
However, I'll send this KB articles to our admin, with the hope that he's able to perform this tests.
Thanks again, I hope to be able to write soon with some better news 🙂

sas-innovate-2024.png

Today is the last day to save with the early bird rate! Register today for just $695 - $100 off the standard rate.

Plus, pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation