BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LeeJenson
Calcite | Level 5
Hi,

I am trying to restart a SAS Object Spawner via a SAS Stored Process. If I test this code in Base SAS it works ok but when I use it in a Stored Process and run it in SAS Enterprise Guide or the SAS Webapp it does not error but does not restart the Object Spawner.

The .bat file contains this

net stop "SAS Object Spawer"
net start "SAS Object Spawner"

This is a different Spawner and not used by the stored process itself.

I have enabled the x command which works ok as I can unzip a file on
the O/S (Windows 2003) from a SAS STP.

%let live=Yes;
%if &live=Yes %THEN %DO;
* Restart the SAS Object Spawner;
options noxwait xmin;
data _null_;
do;
call system('"cd c:\temp"');
call system('"RestartOB.bat"');
end;
run;
%end;

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee
5 REPLIES 5
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi,
When you run a stored process, your code is executing on the Stored Process server ot the Workspace server. Have you checked with your SAS admin to verify the correct path-- the SERVER path -- on those machines?? Are those servers Windows machines? Do you know that the c:\temp directory exists on the server that you are using?? You might want to check with Tech Support, because I believe that your script or .BAT file will also have to be on the server to be executed. Generally, speaking, the Stored Process server and the Workspace server do not have visibility of a directory on your local machine.

Cynthia
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8
Other things to check.

what user Id is being used, does it have the correct permission to start/stop a service.

Check your event log, are there any msg there?

Cheers

Barry
LeeJenson
Calcite | Level 5
Barry,

The user I am using stops the service ok during my Base testing.

I will dive in the event log and check other permissions eg: sassrv,

Thanks

Lee
LeeJenson
Calcite | Level 5
Hi

I never got to the bottom of this and the need went away. So it is still a mystery. Will pick it back up another time.

Lee
LeeJenson
Calcite | Level 5
Cynthia,

- I am executing via the STP as Iam running a Stored Process.
- The path is correct because the process works in Base.
- All this sesting I am doing on the SAS Compute Server where the spawners are, no clients.
Thanks
Lee

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation