BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Stephane
Quartz | Level 8
Hi there

I have a little problem because I use a 9.2 EBI environment and a client needs me on a EG 4.1 stored process course.

I have a little question about the prompt and I cannot test : In EG 4.2 I can create a SP with a prompt that let the possibility to the user to select multiple values at the beginning on the list provided. With these selection the query will send the results.

Is it possible to define a multi select prompt in a SP with EG 4.1 (ie. a 9.1 environment) ?

Thanks for your help.

Stéphane.
1 REPLY 1
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Yes, you can create a multi-value parameter in SAS 9.1. Using SAS Enterprise Guide 4.1, the steps are as follows:

1. In the Stored Process Wizard, click Add > New Parameters to open the Add Parameters dialog.

2. Give the parameter a name and label. For example, name it MULTI.

3. Click the Constraints tab. Type in the display and return values. For example, "A", "B", and "C". Click the Allow multiple selections radio button. Optionally, specify the minimum and maximum number of selections allowed.

4. Click Finish.

There are some difference between SAS 9.1 and SAS 9.2.

In SAS 9.1, multi-value prompts are generally not supported by the SAS Workspace server
(see http://support.sas.com/kb/31/155.html).

In SAS 9.1, the values are returned according to how they are ordered in the list, but in SAS 9.2, they are returned in the order selected.

For example, if the items in the list are entered as "A", "B", and "C", and you choose "C", and then "A", you get these results:

SAS 9.1

MULTI1=A
MULTI2=C

SAS 9.2

MULTI1=C
MULTI2=A

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation