BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ICI_SAS_Admins
Fluorite | Level 6

We have a library of SAS stored processes registered in SAS folders.  The current storage methodology has become cluttered and unmanageable.  We would like to implement a new organization structure for the SAS folders.  We are able to export a SAS package, delete the original stored processes and then import the SAS package into the new SAS folder.  However, after doing this, any references to the original stored process in Enterprise Guide projects or SAS Add-in for Microsoft Office files generate an error message.  It appears that even trying to change the name of the stored process without moving to a new SAS folder also causes errors.  This leads me to believe that the reference to the stored process that is stored in the EG projects and the SAS AMO files is a text reference to the pathed location of the SAS object (in this case a stored process).

I know that every object in the SAS metadata has a unique id.  Is there a way to link the stored process to the EG project or AMO file by this id rater than by name and location?  Is there some other way that I can maintain a functioning link to a stored process, but still have flexibility to move it to a new SAS folder and/or change the name?

--Shaun

1 REPLY 1
Quentin
Super User

Interesting question.

It's possible to read the metadata to look up the stored process name that is refernced by the Unique ID, and get the stored process name and metadata location.  Perhaps something close to what you want would be a custom task that, in EG, lets you input a UID, and then the task looks up the stored process and opens it in the current project. 

It still wouldn't be a link that uses the UID (I have definitely had situations where that would be a nice feature), but it would at least make it easier to reestablish links that were broken when a stored process is moved/renamed.  Just a thought.  

You might get more thoughts on the feasibility of a custom task approach if you post this in the EG group.

You could also submit the UID link idea as a feature request.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Jane Eslinger presenting PROC REPORT and the ODS EXCEL destination on Mar 27 at noon ET. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation