Your SAS programs, embedded in web apps and elsewhere

Logic for Dynamic Dependent Prompts

PROC Star

Logic for Dynamic Dependent Prompts

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a dynamic prompt (user selects values from a dynamic list) that is dependent on two other prompts, but I want to have some OR logic in the dependency because the two prompts are optional.  Is this possible?  Using SMC 9.3.  This is for a stored process that will be called through SPWA.

For example, suppose I have two optional prompts for State and City, and then a dynamic prompt for Highschool.   The source data for the Highschool prompt has City, State, Highschool name.

1. If a user selects State=Georgia and City=Augusta, I want the dynamic highschool prompt to show all highschools in Augusta Georgia.

2. If a user selects State=Georgia and does not select City, I want the dynamic prompt to shows all highschools in Georgia.

3. If a user selects City=Augusta and does not select State, I want the dynamic prompt to shows all highschools in cities named Augusta (e.g. Augusta Maine and Augusta Georgia).

4. If a user does not select state or city, I want the dynamic prompt to show all highschools in my prompt data (unfiltered).

I can do #1 fine, but can't figure out how to do the others.  I can't see how to get OR logic into the dependency, seems to be only AND logic available.  I want something like: HighschoolPromptData.City = Value of "CityPrompt" OR Value of "CityPrompt"=null.  And same for state. So that a user could choose to have the highschool list filtered by city, or by state, or by city and state.

I tried adding extra rows to my prompt data (e.g. rows where value of City was always blank), but no joy.

Thanks,

--Q.

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation