BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi,

I am a begineer in SAS but we are trying to integrate all queries from Hyperion and Cognos to run straight into SAS for analytics. Is there an add on or has anyone tried linking Hyperion and Cognos to SAS for analytic purposes. Your help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Harry
5 REPLIES 5
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Can you provide more details on what you are trying to do? Do you want to run queries against Cognos/Hyperion from within SAS, and then perform analytics with SAS? Or something else?

I don't know the answer, but if you can provide more details I can try to find someone who does.

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi Vince,

Thank you for your reply. I am trying to run queries within Cognos/Hyperion from within SAS and automate that procedure to deliver the results to the query to within SAS to perform analytics within SAS. What we are trying to do is automate the entire procedure to run overnight so as to keep things more automated. Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Harry
Cynthia_sas
SAS Super FREQ
Hi:
I'm a bit confused. I thought that Cognos (acquired by IBM) and Hyperion (acquired by Oracle) were BI tools/solutions/platforms that worked with standard datasources, such as an Oracle database or a DB2 database. Don't Cognos/Hyperion connect to SAP data sources???? SAS can connect to many data sources such as Oracle or DB2 (and I think even SAP) directly.

So if SAS can directly access the Oracle or DB2 data, why would you want a stored process on the SAS end to "run queries within Cognos/Hyperion"? That seems an unnecessary layer of querying, if you ultimately want SAS to run analytics based on the query results.

Perhaps your Account Representative can help you figure out the best configuration to access the data that you are currently accessing with Cognos/Hyperion.

cynthia
deleted_user
Not applicable
Hi ,

You are right we should be able to access actuary data straight from Oracle but we are not allowed direct access to it and only data warehouse inside SAS libraries. Some of the reports and analytics we perform is data manually pulled down from Hyperion and Cognos which is a bit of work . In order to make this process more robust and dynamic, we are looking at if it is possible to automate this process.

Regards,
Harry
Vince_SAS
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
What is the general process used when you manually pull down the data? What format is the data in at this point (XML, CSV, other)? Do Cognos and Hyperion provide Web-based tools that are able to pull down the data?

Vince DelGobbo
SAS R&D

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation